Using Personal UC to Transform Your BYOD Endpoints
Personal Unified Communications (UC) is helping to transform Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies by providing improved collaboration.
The research firm ZK Research defines personal UC as, “the ability to deliver a consistent set of UC services to any user, on any device in any work location.”
Personal UC used in collaboration with BYOD policies further enhances the capabilities of the growing mobile workforce. Empowering mobile workers with the same features they use on desktop UC solutions transforms every employee-owned endpoint into a full, robust opportunity for unprecedented collaboration.
Businesses can further refine operations to improve productivity as employees become more capable when mobile. Organizations that make the best of personal UC are set to gain a valuable competitive advantage.
Personal UC vs Legacy UC
Personal UC is the next technological step of UC. Personal UC is differentiated from legacy UC by possessing a few important characteristics:
- Feature parity. Personal UC aims to provide mobile workers with the same UC features as the office workers. Many legacy UC systems have mobile capabilities, but these features are rarely as robust as their desktop components. An ideal personal UC solution provides all of the same important features and customer experience across multiple platforms.
- Mobile video as a core collaboration tool. Personal UC prioritizes the ease of video conferencing. This priority reflects the growing prominence of video conferencing in the modern workplace. The ZK Research 2014 Unified Communications Survey found that meetings that employed video end 73% faster than ones that do not. ZK Research also found that mobile devices are the most common platform for video conferencing.
The New BYOD Endpoint: Bring Your Own Experience (BYOE)
Personal UC solutions transform all endpoints that have been allowed by BYOD policies into powerful tools for collaboration. Feature parity and mobile-centric development turns BYOD into Bring Your Own Experience (BYOE).
This new mobile endpoint experience provides simplified collaboration, improved business intelligence through business application integration, and faster time to information. A ShoreTel slideshow discusses how UC and BYOE provide powerful enhancements to the enterprise:
- All endpoints provide a consistent experience, regardless of network and operating system
- Integrated contact information from all business directories
- Creates a flawless hand-off to or from mobile devices and fixed lines without losing work progress or connectivity
- Allows for ad hoc conferences with only a few clicks, sidestepping plugins and downloads
The success of BYOE is difficult to measure at first, as it’s a user-focused UC strategy. Once the technology is fully in use, the benefits will be clear: improved collaboration and reduced time to information.
Tech Target Unified Communications surveyed 348 enterprise IT-focused participants about various aspects of their current UC programs. When asked about the benefits of their UC strategy, 57.5% cited improved collaboration as the prime benefit of UC. Improved time to information was cited by 56%.
Organizations of all sizes that are looking for the next competitive advantage will benefit from pursuing a mobile personal UC solution that transforms BYOD endpoints into robust BYOE collaborative tools.