SUNNYVALE, Calif., September 1, 2009 - ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple IP phone systems with fully integrated Unified Communications (UC), today released ShoreTel Contact Center 5.1, the latest version of its application suite designed for high-performance and highly available inbound and outbound multimedia contact centers.
Designed for contact centers around the world, this new release includes support for seven additional languages and advanced reporting features that help dramatically improve customer service while reducing deployment and maintenance costs. The addition of more open interfaces to this release makes it easier for organizations to integrate custom applications that help streamline processes and provide business intelligence.
Another brilliantly simple ShoreTel solution, ShoreTel Contact Center 5.1 is easy and cost-effective to deploy, maintain, and use. All-in-one capabilities include multimedia, integrated interactive voice response (IVR), outbound functionality, integrated reporting, hot standby redundancy and an intuitive call flow builder.
NEW FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
- Contact Center 5.1 strengthens ShoreTel's increasing international presence by supporting contact center operations in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden and the United Arab Emirates.
- The addition of more open interfaces makes scripting easier and enables real-time agent activity feeds so organizations can improve the customer experience.
- Powerful built-in reporting includes new reports on extensive post-call activity, and reports can now be scheduled to be emailed—all without requiring third-party packages or database knowledge.
- ShoreTel has expanded its developer program to include open interfaces from Contact Center 5.1, creating one-stop shop for system integrators, programmers and vendors to access all of ShoreTel's open interfaces.
- Contact Center 5.1, based on ShoreTel's proven distributed telephony platform, allows agents to be located anywhere, including home offices, enabling organizations to create highly productive, cost-effective virtual contact centers.
- ShoreTel Contact Center 5.1 includes integrated IVR and sophisticated built-in reporting while other vendors require standalone, third-party or professional services solutions.
- The application suite increases individual agent productivity and responsiveness, enabling superior customer service, technical support and sales program management. Self-service capabilities enable customers to perform tasks such as reviewing billing options and checking balances, while retaining the option to reach a live agent.
- The combination of ShoreTel Contact Center 5.1 and the ShoreWare® Call Manager provides agents and supervisors with a unified desktop application for all communications, including inbound and outbound calling, telephony presence, instant messaging, and video.
"Our medically trained specialists are ready to handle calls 24/7 from residents throughout the state of Georgia, and ShoreTel Contact Center 5.1 helps ensure that waiting for advice is avoided as much as possible. A unique advantage of the ShoreTel Contact Center solution is in its ability to integrate remote agents on the fly to help meet a surge in traffic. During public health panics like the recent peanut butter recall, our traffic more than tripled. ShoreTel lets us handle these kinds of spikes more easily since our poison specialists can login to the poison center and answer calls from home using their regular phone lines and respond quickly to concerned residents."
- Dr. Robert J. Geller, Medical Director, Georgia Poison Control in Atlanta
"ShoreTel continues to deliver the architecture, applications and services companies need to deploy and maintain end-to-end unified communications that give them a competitive advantage by improving customer service. With Contact Center 5.1, we have made it easier for companies around the world to increase their productivity and satisfy their customers while spending less money. That's what we mean by ëbrilliantly simple.'"
- Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a leading provider of Pure IP unified communications solutions. ShoreTel enables companies of any size to seamlessly integrate all communications - voice, video, messaging and data - with their business processes. Independent of device or location, ShoreTel's distributed software architecture eliminates the traditional costs, complexity and reliability issues typically associated with other solutions. ShoreTel continues to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction, ease of use and manageability while driving down the overall total cost of ownership. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, the United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com or call 1-800-425-9385.